Thursday, May 29, 2008

Surgery Update

Hello Everyone,

Sorry for the long over due update. The surgery & recovery was more then I ever thought.

I had Latissimus Dorsi Flap Reconstruction with Tissue expander's along with right side mastectomy. The surgery took 9 hours. Steve & mom along with the best kids a mom could ask for sat Patiently waiting every hour for the an update. The plan was to run the kids to school, but both kids would not leave until they knew their mom was ok. Stephanie was really strong until she got home, then the tears came, but poor Steven my strong little boy couldn't hold the tears back when he had to leave his mom that night.

I came home from the hospital last Friday, moving very slow. Today I had two tubes taken out, and hopefully I will get the other two out next week.

Thanks again for all the support, friendship, and most of all the prayers.

Love In Christ,
Renee

1 comment:

Don and Be said...

You GO girl!
Thank you, God!