Saturday, November 22, 2008

Biopsy Report

Hello Everyone,

I received my biopsy report on Wednesday, they were not what I wanted to hear. It is Cancer. I will start chemo on Monday and have them every week until the spot doesn't show up on a PET Scan. I will have the followen chemo Abraxane and Avastin. I will receive the Abraxane every Monday, Avastin I will get every two weeks, the avastin attacks the blood vessels so the tumor can't grow. I will also get Aredia for the bone. Aredia will put the calcium back into my bones.

The side effect is numb feet and hands, lose of hair, high blood pressure, sickness, and I have to be very careful that I don't cut myself, break anything or get a cold. It is going to be very hard to heal from anything.. That is why I had to go and get a tooth cut out yesterday before I start chemo. They told Steve that he might have to carry me to the bathroom or help me walk. I will have to have some one with me at all times. I am not going to let this happen, I am going to fight the side effect and live life as normal as I can for my kids. I have God on my side and He will take care of me.

My oncologist is very optimists and feel she can get me back into remission. I am very scared this time, but I know I have God on my side and He is in control and He will bring me through this again.

I haven't told the kids yet, I don't know how or what to say to them. Please pray that God will help us find the words to explain thing to them. It was the hardest thing I have every done was telling my mom and brothers.

If there is one thing that everyone can do for me please do this, there is a Church on every corner please go this Sunday and every Sunday from now on and ask God to come into your heart. Live your life for God.

Please continue the prayer that the chemo will work, pray for Steve, he is having a very hard time, pray for the words to help me explain thing to our kids. Pray also for my mom and all my brothers, sister-in-laws, niece and nephew, and most of all Stephanie & Steven.

Thanks again for everything

Love In Christ,
Renee

PS: If you are the special Angel that showed up at my door Tuesday night with the gift, I want to say Thank you and it was greatly appreciated, I was able to get my tooth removed. If it wasn't for the gift I wouldn't have been able to get the tooth out and they would have to put of chemo until I got the tooth out.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are sending you prayers and thoughts.

COLE Prayer Team - www.colesfoundation.com

www.caringbridge.org/visit/rileycook

Hugs of love, Andrea

flonnie pliska said...

i'am praying for you.love and prayers.

Anonymous said...

May the Lord be your strength through your treatment. I pray that He ministers to you in ways that only He can do.

Love,
Shannon
COLE Prayer Team Member

Anonymous said...

Hello Renee!
I am praying for you and your family, that God find himself in the hearts and hands of those involved with your care. The power of prayer is amazing!

God, Bless Renee!

C.O.L.E. Prayer Team
www.colesfoundation.com

Sarah Fideler
Sioux Falls, SD

Don and Be said...

We will get you on the prayer roster at church again. You are one strong lady!