Friday, January 05, 2007

Seinfeld Land

I went back to the surgeon, to have incisions and tubes looked at. My surgeon wasn't there so I had to see the other doctor. I was sore and could hardly move my arm. I had two drainage tubes.

On the way to the doctor Steve was joking with me about the doctor and told me it was going to be like the doctor on Seinfeld when Elaine got bit by the dog. As soon as the doctor walked in it was like I walked into a episode of Seinfeld.

Steve was siting in the chair on the other side of the room with his eyes closed and I was trying my best to lay flat on the table, which I haven't laid flat since the surgery. When the doctor ask to look at the site and tubes, the doctor told me I need to raise my arm higher, I told him I couldn't raise it any higher. The next thing Steve heard was me moan loudly, he showed me I could raise it higher. The doctor told me he was going to remove both tubes, all I can say it hurt worse than the surgery. I thought he was pulling my insides out. I know everyone in the waiting room heard me loud and clear.

After he was done I was trying to ask him question about the lymph nodes and the surgery, all he kept saying was two was involved. I could never get him to understand me.

It wasn't funny at the time, but now since it is all over I have to laugh about it. This doctor was just like the doctor in this episode of Seinfeld(The Glasses), from his manner, glasses, accent everything. You must watch the clip of the show to get a good picture of how my doctor visit went.




No comments: