Tuesday, February 20, 2007

2nd Chemo Treatment

I had my chemo treatment on the 12th of last week, we were there all day. They kids stayed at school and ate lunch and took a nap. That was a special treat for them. I don't think Steven liked laying still for that long, the teacher had to move him for talking.

The sickness started on Thursday, and by Sunday it was at full force. I went Monday morning for my blood work. My White Blood Count was really low, I had to see the doctor before I could leave. We are thinking it is were I was so sick over the weekend. I am just thankful that the kids are not sick right now.
BLOOD COUNT:

WBC: (3.6-11.1) = 1.20
RBC: (3.69-4.88) = 3.99
Hgb: (11.4 -14.4) = 12.0
HCT: (33.3 - 41.4) = 34.7
MCV: (79.3-94.8) = 87.0
MCH: (26.8 - 33.2) = 30.0
MCHC: (33.5 - 35.5) = 34.5
RDW: (12.0 - 15.1) = 14.6
Platelet: (165 - 353) = 185

Today I am starting to feel better. I am still not up to my old self, but a lot better.

All my hair is gone, and the kids are great with it. Stephanie got really upset the first day, she started crying saying "You are a boy now, and you are going to start doing boy stuff." I guess she now knows I am still a girl......

I want to say thank you for all the cards, prayers, and all the wonderful gift I have received from everyone. Your kindness, love and support means everything to me and my family.

Thank you so much and I love each and everyone of you.

Love always,
Renee


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: