Wednesday, May 16, 2007

5 th Chemo Update

I am so sorry I haven't sent out an update lately, but I have been really under the weather. I had my 5th chemo treatment on 7th of May. I was sick that day with a head cold, and just got worse over time. All I did that was sleep, by the end of the week I was coughing really bad. I was sick on Mother's Day and also on Monday and missed Mommy and Me Day at the kids school. Steve played mommy for me and took picture and video's. They made me some really nice stuff and sang three songs to me. I went this Monday to see my doctor to get blood work, my counts are really low. They put me on antibiotics on Monday, I feel a lot better today, but now I can't talk. I lost my voice on Monday, and still haven't gotten it back. I think the kids and Steve are starting to like it, now I can't get on to them. (ha ha)

My 6th and finally Chemo treatment is on May 29th. Then three weeks later I will start the next phase of my treatment radiation.

Thanks to everyone at work for all the nice gifts, cards, and special prayers you sent me last week. It was very sweet of you and greatly appreciated. Everyone at work, my family, and St John's Church & School has been so nice and sweet to my family during this time, I can never say thanks enough.


I hope everyone had a nice Mother's Day's.

I love everyone of you, and God Bless You,
Renee

5/14/07 Blood Counts:

WBC (3.6-11.1) = .7
RBC (3.69 -4.88) = 3.65
HGB (11.4-14.4) = 10.0
HCT (33.3-41.4) = 31.9
MCV (79.3-94.8) = 85.0
MCH (26.8-33.2) = 29.3
MCHC (33.5-35.5) = 34.2
RDW (12.0-15.1) = 16.5
PLATELET (165-353) = 165

Manual Diff (40-60) = 18

1 comment:

Patti Doughty said...

Renee, I just had a chance to visit your Blog. It's the first time I've visited since we got back from England - life has just been so busy. I finally finished unpacking and putting everything away THIS WEEK (we returned in Feb.). I had no idea what was going on with you.

I'm so sorry! God bless you. Life is really tough for you right now. But God is good and his mercy is everlasting.

I'll be praying for you - one more chemo to go! I don't know what the blood counts mean - can you post a normal for comparison? I'll be checking in again.

Take care, Renee. And get some rest. There will be other Mother's Days. I missed out on tons of stuff during my pregnancies (since I lived in the hospital for most of two of them) but it was a drop in the bucket of all the events our lives hold.

I'll be thinking of you and praying for you.

God bless,
Patti