Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Radiation Update

I went today to meet my radiation doctor, she was really nice. Dr. McCunniff explain that I will have 33 treatments total. She said it will take at least 1 hour. The side effect could be skin redness, Fatigue, swelling in the arm, and I could also have small amount of scar tissue on my lung (adjacent to the lymph nodes) and heart. My treatment and consultation will began on Monday, July 2nd. She told me radiation is the easy part, I have already gone through the hard part.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Renee!

Congrats on all of your steps! End of set one chemo, geting back to work! Now looking foraward to getting through radiation, I will continue to pray for your healing, ansd strength physically and spiritually.

My aunt was funny when she was doing radiation on her shoulder. She actually looked like she had a sun tan (burn at times).

How often do you go in for radiation?

Still reading, just not writing, many prayers and blessings to you,

Tracy