Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Radiation Update

Hello Everyone,

Just a short note to let everyone know how my radiation treatment is going. I am now on my third week of treatment. I have a bad sunburn from the treatment and a rash. Plus this week I have developed Lymphedema in my left arm. It isn't life threatening, but it can last over a long period of time. This condition involves swelling of the soft tissues of the arm or hand. The swelling may be accompanied by numbness, discomfort, and sometimes infection. I do have an infection in the arm, which I started an antibiotics on Friday. I will start physical therapy on the arm on the 27th and will have to wear a special sleeve. They will be keeping a very close eye on the Lymphema, if it gets any worse I will have to have an operation to have the fluid removed. I know that with God on my side he will take good care of me.

Thanks again for all the prayers, help and support everyone has given to my family. God will bless you for your kindness.

Love Always,
Renee

2 comments:

Don and Be said...

I just came upon your blog this morning (5AM) while surfing and want you to know that you are admired for your courage and faith in your cancer fight. My wife is a survivor and Praise God she has been cancer free for almost 4 years.
You are so correct in saying that cancer not only affects the patient, but also, those around her who love her. It was the most difficult time we've been through but it strengthened us and we are on the other side now - you will be too.
Your family is beautiful.....
Blessings,
Don & Be

Mom 2 six said...

Prayers said for you today !
What a beautiful family. The spa day post brought a smile to my face.