Tuesday, October 10, 2006

MY LUCK.....

Last Thursday (Oct 5th), when we were dropping the kids off at their school; one of the parents back into us. The lady starting crying and didn't want to call anyone, but I told her we really need to, because my NEW VAN (4 mths old) has a dent and my side mirror is hanging by a wire. So she called the police and we exchanged insurance information.

Today, I found out she let her insurance lapse and she doesn't have any coverage at this time.

Now my car has over $1000.00 worth of damage and I will have to turn in on my insurance, unless she reinstates her insurance.

When I told Steve, he started laughing and said "we couldn't get one of the doctor or lawyers to hit us; we had to get the one that doesn't have any insurance or money."

We have to laugh to keep from crying.

If she would have told me she was having trouble, we could have worked something out, but she is avoiding me and doesn't want to talk with me.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

I am sorry that you have to deal with this. Is your insurance going to jack up your rates? Grrrr...I'm glad no one was hurt.

Renee said...

I have taken out extra cover for just this case. So hopefully they want jack my rates up, but my luck they will.

I am blessed that no one got hurt,