Monday, July 10, 2006

OUT OF THE MOUTH OF "BABES"


This morning after Steven (4 yrs old) ate his breakfast; my hubby looked and saw that Steven had already changed his clothes. Steve asks why you changed your clothes so fast and early. He said he was ready to go out to eat at Golden Corral for supper, but he said really fast I can't go to grandma and papa house today. Steve asks him why? Steven replies "I DON'T WANT TO GET SMOKE ON MY CLEAN CLOTHES".

Steve had to start laughing. My father-in-law is a heavy smoker. Steve used to smoke, he quit August 4, 2005. (1 year celebration in order) He had to quit because Steven asks him "Daddy why do you smoke but, you tell me smoking is bad for me". How can we teach our kids not to do things if we are doing it in front of them? I know the old saying "Do as I say, not as I do", but is that a true statement when it comes to the ones that looks up to us.

No comments: